I have always ‘had an interest’ in how we learn – how we take information in and use it to take action of some sort. I decided to look into this, and other areas of interest a little more by going on a book buying journey, which will lead me to a book reading journey soon! I have also included here books that I already own but have not yet read.
Starting with my short-list of topics I am interested with: People, Learning, Ideas, Innovation, Simplicity.
Books on my list to help me work out where to next:
- “Career Renegade: How to Make a Great Living Doing What You Love” – Jonathan Fields
- “Escape from Cubicle Nation: From Corporate Prisoner to Thriving Entrepreneur” – Pamela Slim
- “The Mind and the Brain: Neuroplasticity and the Power of Mental Force” – Jeffrey M. Schwartz
- “The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science” – Norman Doidge
- “Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School” – John Medina
- “How We Decide” – Jonah Lehrer
- “The Long Emergency: Surviving the End of Oil, Climate Change, and Other Converging Catastrophes of the Twenty-First Century” – James Howard Kunstler
- “The Ruthless Leader” – Alistair McAlpine
- “The Brain” – Richard Restak
- “Learning and Behavior” – James Mazur
- “Outliers: The Story of Success” – Malcolm Gladwell
- “Lateral Thinking” – Edward De Bono.
- “Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking” – Malcolm Gladwell
There’s quite a bit of reading there for the next couple of months – might be time to devote more time to reading instead of digital fiddling! I will be posting reviews as I read the books, along with recommendations & insights!